Our Vision Statement and Mission
Our Vision Statement
Following Christ and Living It
Because of our new life in Jesus as the body of Christ, we commit to grow in Him by:
- Receiving the gifts of forgiveness and life through God’s Word and Sacraments
- Trusting in God’s promises
- Praying fervently
- Rejoicing in the Church’s worship and musical traditions
- Inviting all who seek a deeper connection with God and meaning in life
- Providing a faith home for the whole family
- Engaging people’s gifts for service
- Celebrating Christian fellowship actions:
Because of our new life in Jesus as the body of Christ, we commit to touch the lives of others by:
- Sharing the good news of the Gospel in word and deed
- Responding to community needs by the power of the Holy Spirit
- Ministering to the sojourners among us
- Practicing Christian stewardship of all our God-given resources
- Sharing God’s love by reaching out to the lonely and the struggling
- Engaging the culture and community through education and proclamation
The Lutheran Church of the Messiah is a “town-gown” congregation that serves the Princeton academic community and the people of the surrounding area.
We gather as a loving fellowship of believers in Christ to joyfully praise and serve the Lord, using our God-given gifts to build up each other in the faith.
With a spirit of unity and gratitude, we go forth in the power of the Holy Spirit, sharing with all God’s forgiveness, love, peace, and life, ministering to the needs of others.